ON SALE NOW
ABOUT THE BOOK
Milford, Connecticut, is a quiet, orderly place to live, a good place to bring up kids. But people are beginning to feel the bite of financial hard times. Even decent, normally law-abiding folks have started getting a little creative when it comes to making ends meet.
For Glen Garber, the recession has been particularly bad for his construction business, especially after a mysterious fire destroyed one of his buildings. But Glen’s troubles are about to escalate to a whole new level. His wife Sheila has her own plans for getting them out of their financial jam, plans that seem to involve a secret network of Milford’s wives and are about to pay off big-time. And that’s when the accident happens…
Suddenly it looks as if the neighbours’ ‘get rich quick’ schemes are more likely to get you dead. Glen – no longer able to trust even the people he loves – must risk everything to find out what’s lurking behind the town’s idyllic façade.
Because some accidents aren’t accidents at all.
REVIEWS AND PRAISE
“If you like Harlan Coben, you’ll love Linwood Barclay”–Peter Robinson
“The writing is crisp; the twists are jolting and completely unexpected” –Stephen King, Entertainment Weekly
- Dutch – Meulenhoff Boekerij BV
- French – Editions Belfond
- Germany – Verlagsgruppe Droemer Knaur GmbH & Co. KG
- Hebrew – Modan Publishing House
- Hungarian – General Press Könyvkiadó Kft.
- Korean – Haemoon Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Norwegian – Vega Forlag AS
- Russian – AST
- Spanish – Penguin Random House Grupo Editorial, S.A.U
- UK & Commonwealth – Orion Publishing Group